Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account.

Hello, I am facing the same issue I'm running QlikView 11.20.12742.0

I have named CALs for particualr people and I want the document CALs to be used by the rest.

I have tried both to allow the dymacially to assign the Document CALs and to add people manually and still it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kamen,

Do you need to assign them for each document in the QMC > Documents > User Documents

If a Named CAL is already assigned, then it will be allocated, if there are not, but there are some Document CAL, the latter will be assigned instead. If not, access will be denied as in your message.

In every document you can either assign them manually or dynamically.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello, Miguel thank you for your swift reply.

So I have 5 Named CALs and only 4 of them are used currently, 1 of them is still available and I have configured the server to give it only to particular people in a list. (I am using NTFS authorization (Windows controls file access)).

So, for this document I have 15 Free Document CALs and I have configured the server "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" and assign 5 of the Document CALs to the document.

If I understand correctly you said that until the person who hasn't got his Named CAL uses his Named CAL -  the Document CALs will not be allocated? Correct me if I am wrong, because if it is like that it doesn't make sense

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kamen,

There is a precedence in how QlikView assigns licenses by default, that can be summarized in

Named > Document > Session > Usage > No access

Which means that if there is a Named CAL available, leasing is allowed, dynamic assignment is allowed, then always the Named CAL will be the first to be consumed. If there is no possible way of getting any Named CAL, then QlikView will find for Document CAL. If there are no Document CAL available, then go for Session CAL, if not for Usage CALs.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello, Miguel thank you for the reply.

So that means that until my Named CAL is consumed it won't use the Document CALs.

Is there a workaround? I mean that person my decide to use the license after 2 months...the other people have to have a way to view the document and use the other licenses?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Kamen, you can limit in the QMC the number of Named CALs available for assignment. Do it and then Document CALs will be consumed.

Not applicable
Author

Miguel, I just did what you suggested.

See the Screenshots I have attached - same issue.

ss1.PNG

ss2.PNG

ss3.PNG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So if I understand correctly, you have allocated 5 Document CALs for that document, however you are not able to log in?

Is the DSC properly configured pointing to your AD, or you can search for users in the QMC > Users tab?

Not applicable
Author

No I can log in no problem with that...when I try to open the report that you see on the screen shot I get the error message and actually every user that logs in try to open the report file.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What if you add manually the users to a document instead of dynamic assignment? There could a communication issue so the licenses are not being leased by the server because it never reaches the client. Does that work if you log in locally in the QlikView server and open from there?