Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aveek_das
Contributor
Contributor

Access denied to QlikView document

Hey there,

I have a QlikView document which was created by another user who is no longer in contact. This file contains a hidden script for section access and the password for this is unknown to the current team. I could not find any way to recover the password from the QlikView documentation.

Now, we are migrating the entire QlikView server from on-prem to a VM on Azure and this particular file throws an exception while opening. While all other QlikView documents are working fine as expected, this particular document says "Access denied to this QlikView document" while opening. Is there any specific reason for this? How do I resolve this error and open the file assuming we do not have access to the hidden script password.

Access DeniedAccess Denied

Failed to loadFailed to load

Labels (1)
3 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Either above one should be opened by the developer or an user who is having real access which was configured in Section Access i.e. already loaded into that particular app.

Other wise, with different user or perm you can't open the app.

Or else, check if there is any Backup of this app with out SA in DR Servers or anywhere, if you maintain one.

HTH,
HirisH
HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

More than likely if there is a hidden script the document has section access applied. If you don't have the password for this you will not be able to recover the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
deepakahirwar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dear Aveek,

I also faced the same issue. But later got to understand that there was Section Access applied with respect to the particular user.

After adding up on user role id was able to access the Qlikview Document .

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak