Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access over Internet

Hi!

I'd like to use QlikView Server to grant our customers access to their qvw files on our server. As our customers aren't part of our company's nt domain, we have to let them log in in a different way. How do I manage to let the users log in on our web page so they can view the qvw files that belong to them?

Thank you,

Tankred

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Take a look at GetTicket, though you must be in DMS mode and not NTFS mode on the Server.

Your issue is really an IIS authentication issue as any user authenticated to IIS can then access QlikView. I'm not smart enough about IIS to help though.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Take a look at GetTicket, though you must be in DMS mode and not NTFS mode on the Server.

Your issue is really an IIS authentication issue as any user authenticated to IIS can then access QlikView. I'm not smart enough about IIS to help though.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jay,

thank you for your feedback! Do you have any source where I can find out more about GetTicket?

Thanks,

Tankred

Not applicable
Author

There are different possibilities,

You can also create another publisher server in the DMZ and uncheck the Authenticated users connection on IIS.

Then you change the location of the accesspoints and commandcenter to the intra domain server.

Finally you create custom users on both servers so that they can connect.

Or you uncheck the authenticated users on your production server and allow internet users to connect directly on it.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

How about another technique? Using a reverse proxy in the DMZ which redirects requests to the Access Point of QlikView to the internal Server? That way, it must be possible to leave everything, IIS, Access Point and Command Center on one single machine inside the company's network.

What do you think?

Not applicable
Author

This can be a good solution too, depending on the security plan of your company

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would set the users up as local users on the server that QVS/Pubisher is on.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.