cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access point login

Dear all,

today my windows users are connected automatically to qlikview accesspoint.

I need my users (domain/userid)  have to always provide their userid and password to login the access point. 

I don't want single sign on.

Can somebody help me please ?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I understood the opposite. So if you want your users to manually type their credentials, go to the QMC, QlikView Web Servers, Authentication and set it to Alternate Login Page (web form). They will be redirected to FormLogin.htm page where they will have to enter name and password.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Provided you have not made any changes in the Browser settings, make sure that the accounts in the AD are able to log on to that computer (is a restriction you can set in the account settings in the domain controller).

If nothing has changed, then make sure that the QMC is set to get authentication from the browser in the System, Setup, QlikView Web Server, Authentication, is set to Default Login Page.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

perhaps I didn't explain very well my problem or I don't understood your answer.

Today my windows user, don't provide their userid and password because they are already authenticated in windows.

In QMC, Into the authentication tab all the parameters are correct:

Authentication     Always

Type                    NTLM

It means that every authenticated user in Windows is already authenticated on qlik accesspoint.

I would change this approach: every authenticated user in Windows has to insert their userid and password to login accesspoint

Hope is more clear

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I understood the opposite. So if you want your users to manually type their credentials, go to the QMC, QlikView Web Servers, Authentication and set it to Alternate Login Page (web form). They will be redirected to FormLogin.htm page where they will have to enter name and password.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

manoharmarellama
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I need to Know about how to configure single sign on (sso) in qlik sense, would please tell me how to do it .

Thanks,

manohar

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @manoharmarellama 

This is a thread regarding QlikView Authentication that is over seven years old.  If you have questions regarding SSO integration with Qlik Sense, suggest that you start a new thread in the Qlik Sense section (Data Analytics Forum > Qlik Sense > Qlik Sense Deployment & Management).  Be sure to provide the full version of Qlik Sense (i.e. April 2020), the type of authentication you'll be using and what 3rd party application (Site Minder, etc.) you're integrating with if applicable.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!