Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access point unreachable on Amazon server

Hi ,

I have deployed QlikView server on an Amazon EC2 instance and its working fine but unreachable through the internet. I have opened all the ports to allow communication between the server and my machine, and I am able to ping the server without issues. But while trying to open the access point by writing http://[Public IP]/qlikview/index.htm , I just get the error message 'The connection has timed out'. I tried it several times with different combinations of settings in the QV Server and Web Servers in the QMC but not working so far. There are sufficient Session CAL's available as well.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks !

Varun

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for looking. I was able to figure this out, it just required the installation of the IIS Web Server on the EC2 instance.

Regards,

Varun

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Are port 80, 4747, 4774  opened?

Have a look  at below document on all other relevant ports.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6500

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for the reply. From the security settings I have opened all the required ports but still it's not accessible. I am able to ping the server without issues. I guess the problem is somewhere else.

Kind regards,

Varun

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you post QlikView Server Event logs to look at.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying Ashfaq. Please find the log file attached. This file must contain few instances when I was able to access the Access Point from localhost via RDP, but I tried from outside and Access Point is not accessible. Dropbox - 20141201.txt

Kind Regards,

Varun

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

I think you need to take help from Network team to check if traffic is redirected to server ?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for looking. I was able to figure this out, it just required the installation of the IIS Web Server on the EC2 instance.

Regards,

Varun

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

If it answer,

Please close the thread by selecting appropriate answers.

Regards

ASHFAQ