I have a serious problem with QVS 11, when I am accessing the Access Point, I have an error message in red blocking me “Message: No Server” and after that I have no access to the application on the server !
Do you have any idea ?
Can you help me ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I solved the problem, in fact I had installed QVS twice on a single server with 2 administrator session, a first installation with the domain administrator account, and for internal reasons I uninstall and due reinstall with the local administrator account on the same server.
Following the second installation, I had this blockage in the Access Point, this is why I did all the tests and manipulations that you have proposed even more (config.xml) but none of it could not solve my problems but I understood that this is a bug related to a conflict of license.
• Uninstall QVS again and delete all files that are linked in the Windows registry and folders of installations, both local and domain administrator accounts.
• Restart the server.
• Install QVS.
• Start services.
• Install the server license
==> QlikView function again in full performance.
Thank you for your help.
What is the exact version that you on ? Makes sure you the service account in the Administrators and the QlikView Administrators group. Does it happen on other browsers? Are you using QlikView Webserver or IIS? Reset your services!
We've had this happen a couple of times last week and just needed to restart the service. Unfortunately, we don't receive any form of notification though....
Do you know what causes the drop to happen?
Is this a fresh instillation or an old one? From how long you get this error.
are there any changes to server recently like patching e.t.c
1) Check if you have valid license or License is not expired.
2) is you server hosted on VM or local. If it is on a shared drive in SAN, try to copy the filview files to local server.
3) Do you have any preload option enabled, if so try be disabling it.
4) make sure your service account is added to Qlikview administrator and local administrator group and you logged in with the same account.
I suggest you generate a support case with qlik or your partner, particularly we have few time this issue, however always we check with IT area.
As what Ronnie described, check the Qlikview server logs this will tell you more what is causing the error.
Also check the following:
1- Go to QMC> Status> services > Check the QVS service is running,
- Check if in the windows services, check if the service is on.
- Check if the Qlikview service is license
- Check if Qlikview server service has full right to read and write to the root and mounted folders.
- With that the if you folders are in a different location or server make sure to use UNC path or if it is local best to letter paths.
If it is running:
Go to the webserver and check if it is pointing to the correct server:
QMC>system>setup>Qlikview Web server> accesspoint> server connections > name, check that the server is selected there.