cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessUpdate with macro

I update an access database from a macro:

sub AccessArtikkel
ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & "\\program\Strekkode\Data\OprBok.mdb;Persist Security Info=true" Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Open ConnectionString

It workes well on my workstation, but The OleBD drivers are not installed on the terminal servers and the macro fails.

1. Is it possible to ODBC driveres as an alternative? (driverers are installed)
2. what is the minimum required installation if OleDB should be used?

Regards
Einar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Einar,

I'm assuming that your terminal server in this case is also your QVS.

1. It is possible to use ODBC to connect to an Access database. When you create a new ODBC connection, one of the options under "Select a driver" should be Microsoft Access Database. After you have set up the ODBC, you can use it within your QlikView application. For ease of development, you might want to install QlikView Desktop on your server to make use of automatically created connection strings.
  2. I'm guessing the reason that your JET driver does not show up on the server is that your server and OS are 64-bit. JET does not work with applications running in 64-bit. Microsoft has announced that Office 2010 will add this functionality. So there is nothing you can install on the server to fix the problem. However, you could install QlikView Desktop 32-bit on your server, and then reload your file using command line automation set up as a Supporting Task in Publisher. Note that if your server is actually 32-bit and you don't see JET installed, you can install the JET OleDB driver here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Einar,

I'm assuming that your terminal server in this case is also your QVS.

1. It is possible to use ODBC to connect to an Access database. When you create a new ODBC connection, one of the options under "Select a driver" should be Microsoft Access Database. After you have set up the ODBC, you can use it within your QlikView application. For ease of development, you might want to install QlikView Desktop on your server to make use of automatically created connection strings.
  2. I'm guessing the reason that your JET driver does not show up on the server is that your server and OS are 64-bit. JET does not work with applications running in 64-bit. Microsoft has announced that Office 2010 will add this functionality. So there is nothing you can install on the server to fix the problem. However, you could install QlikView Desktop 32-bit on your server, and then reload your file using command line automation set up as a Supporting Task in Publisher. Note that if your server is actually 32-bit and you don't see JET installed, you can install the JET OleDB driver here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. This was an exellent answer to my question

Einar