Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing shared folder using QMC

Hi All,

i am loading data file from the microsoft share point folder. When i am reloading it from my Desktop or server i am able to do it. i have provided full control to the account which QMC is reloading but i when running the file using QMC i am getting an eror as specified file not find.

Did any one face This type of issues?

Thanks,

Sampath

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Sampath,

You need to make sure the service account that QlikView is running under has full rights to this location. Also, make sure you are using the UNC path to the share and not a mapped drive. Service accounts do not understand mapped drives.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

Thanks  for your reply.

I am using UNC path and not even using mapped drive in my development Box.

I also checked the rights to the service account, it is provided as full control. Dono what is going wrong here.....

Thanks,

Sampath

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you login as the service account and run it that way? Do you have Section Acess applied to the document?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

I will not be able to open the service account. but i tried open the shared path with the service account username. it is working.

No section access is also applied.

Not applicable
Author

Bill,

i have tried reloading the Qvw using a batch file. It runs fine once after reloading once the document is not reloading again but the task is completed successfully. here do we need to enable something ?

Not applicable
Author

Bill,

When i loding a single file using http address. i am able to do it. but when loading a complete set of document using loop in the shared path i am not able to do it.

Thanks,

Sampath

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Make sure you're using a UNC path and not a mapped letter drive. Post you logs so we can see the errors.