Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accesspoint 9.0 Question

Hello,

We are in the early stages of upgrading from 8.5 to 9.0. We have registered most of our source documents through Qlikview Management Console. However, we have only set up reload/distribution tasks for ONE app. However, when we go to Accesspoint, we can view EVERY source document on the site. I thought only QVWs that are loaded and distributed to specific users could be viewed on Accesspoint. Why are we automatically seeing all of them? Is there some default setting that allows viewing of all source files? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With QVS9, Access Point now lists from the server root folder and all mounted server folders. If the NTFS permissions allow, the file will be listed.

This is different than in 8.5, where AccessPoint and Server used different folders.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

With QVS9, Access Point now lists from the server root folder and all mounted server folders. If the NTFS permissions allow, the file will be listed.

This is different than in 8.5, where AccessPoint and Server used different folders.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob. Yes, i switched the security settings from NTFS to DMS and it appears to have solved the issue. I will post again if we run into future issues. Thanks again.