Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Activate Publisher License on Testserver?

Hi all,

in our company we have a production server with a EE-Server and a Publisher License.

Actually I'm configuring a Testserver.

I activated the Testserver-License succesfully, but I don't know how it works with the publisher License.

Do I need a second License for the Testserver or can I use the License from the production server?

Or isn't it possible to use the publisher functionalities on the test-environment?

Thanks in advance

Björn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bjorn,

If you want publisher on the Test environment you would have to buy an additional license. However, you can publish to the Test server from the Publisher Box. You would have to add the test QVS to the Management console of the publisher box and then select that server to publish to.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bjorn,

If you want publisher on the Test environment you would have to buy an additional license. However, you can publish to the Test server from the Publisher Box. You would have to add the test QVS to the Management console of the publisher box and then select that server to publish to.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for your answer.

Too bad, I use the Section Access Management in the productive Environment and thought I can test changes in our test environment before going live.

OK, then I have to test it within the hidden script.

Björn

VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Bill_Britt 

I am currently working with test server  and in recent time i tried to refresh data through QMC ,however it was not possible, but after further digging I found that Source Document was missing for which I tried to set up manually but in System> system tree, Distribution services is also missing through which I can define the source Doc, is it the reason why I am not able to refresh the data on server(i tried different method, by setting frequency to 1 hr, Reload now through macros, through Doc Property triggers in QV Desktop) 

If not can you suggest any possible problems or solution to get through it, in Administrative tools I can see distribution services are running

Thanks and Regards

Vishal Singh