Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Activating the QV Server License

I have a question about issuing our QlikView Small Business Edition Server license.

When I try to activate the license in QMC under System>Licenses>Qlikview Server, I got "Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server" error.

I validated that;

• The service account is part of local Admin/QlikView Administrators group and the account is added into that group and the info is reflected to OS.
  • The server does have a static IP

Are there any other things that I'm missing?
That would be great if you can help me.
Kind regards,

22 Replies
im_ic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm also facing similar issue where Apply License is greyed out and showing Server is Down when QVS is running and all services are running using Service Account. Everything was working fine till now on single server, however now we have to run QMS on different machine and when adding QVS there unable to apply license and in Status tab shows QVS as down, due to unable to apply license. Can you help?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

In this situation, the problem is a 'communication' issue between QMS and QVS, and in this case the protocol in use is QVP, as communication to/from QVS is always via QVP protocol, and that runs over TCP port 4747, which I suspect may be blocked somewhere, but if this is the case, the QMC\Status\Services view should show the QVS as done too, as it would not be able to get its status if the port is blocked.

The only other thing that makes any sense is if you still have the QMS running on the other server as well, things are licensed to that QMS, not the new one, and if the QVS license allows only one server to be registered, that may be where things are getting hung up here somehow.  Your best course of action would really be to open a Support Case, so we can do a WebEx with you and have a look at things directly, trying to troubleshoot these via chat can be a bit difficult, and I would not want you to post your license etc. here either.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jltsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brett, I have already done one: 01603541 - Unable to apply QVS license, showing Server Down If possible can you please takeover this ticket and maybe send me a webex link and I can share my screen.