Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ActiveX component can't create object: 'Powerpoint.Application'

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to export objects to powerpoint. I have found an example on qlik community to learn how to do it.

When I run the macro in the attached file, I get the error : ActiveX component can't create object: 'Powerpoint.Application'

Where could this error come from ?

I developp my application on a computer A and powerpoint is also installer on the computer A but I lease a licence from a computer B. So there is no link between powerpoint and the computer B, could the problem come from here ?

Thanks for your help

Laura

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In the Edit Module, under Requested Module Security select "System Access" and under current local security, select "Allow System Access".  In the Web Browser, do Ctrl + Shift + M and change the option to Give System access to Module editor. It should work.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the Edit Module, under Requested Module Security select "System Access" and under current local security, select "Allow System Access".  In the Web Browser, do Ctrl + Shift + M and change the option to Give System access to Module editor. It should work.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Srukmana !!!!

Not applicable
Author

Have you figured out how to bypass the CTRL+Shift+M so you dont have to do this every time?

Not applicable
Author

I think that if you save the application after you have done the CTRL + M, you won't need to do it every time

Not applicable
Author

It doesn't save it from the access point with IE plug in.

Not applicable
Author

Ok. If it's not already done , go to QEMC >System > SEtup > Qlikview Servers, expand and click > security tab and check "Allow unsafe macro execution on server" and "Allow macro execution on server".

Not applicable
Author

already selected. no luck. it's not remembering the settings. Users still have to change the settings every time.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Find the user's qlikview settings.ini file and remove the line where they had selected SafeMode.

When they next open the app, it will ask them again and they can select SystemAccess.

Not applicable
Author

is this only for the desktop users? There's no user files for access point users. I did locate the settings.ini file in program data, but no check sums line.