Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add Dimension to QlikView Extension

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you managed to create a drop down menu in QlikView Extension for Dimension?

I was trying with changing:
- Definition.xml (adding <Dimension Initial="" />)
- Properties.qvpp (adding:
<select style="width: 70%" avq="edit:.Chart.Dimensions.0.Field">
<option></option>
</select>
)

When I add that to .qvpp file, I get drop down in QlikView but without any selection possible in drop-down and even it is disabled ( I cannot click on it).

So - can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Miha

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miha!

Are you using QV10? In that case, try using an input and a button instead of a select, like this:

<input class="ToolProperty-TxtSelect" style="width:70%" readonly="readonly" avq="text:.Chart.Dimension.0.Field" /><button avq="dropdown:.Chart.Dimension.0.Field" class="ToolProperty-TxtSelectMenu" ></button>

The input-box will be readonly to avoid misspelling etc but you'll be able to select dimensions from the simulated dropdown by clicking on the button.

Regards,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I have tried that yesterday, but, somehow, it doesn't work. Now it is all disabled (button and that readonly field) - do I have to make some adjustments?

Do you have, maybe, some examples I can take look at? Also - are there any trainings available?

Regards,
Miha

Not applicable
Author

When you install QV Desktop there are a number of Extension examples that are put on your harddrive. Look for files with a .qar-extension and dubbelclick on them to install them for the desktop edition.

The Extensions can then be used when using Webview from within QV Desktop. If you want to examine the qvpp-files they are installed below the Extension-root folder. The path differs depending on the OS you are using so the easiest way is probably to do a search for qvpp-files on your disk.

Also, if you like you can post your Extension+document here on the forum and I can take a look at it?

/Peter

Not applicable
Author

The syntax to have a dropdown list for dimensions changed over the beta period.

The working one is now:

<input class="ToolProperty-TxtSelect" style="width: 190px" readonly="readonly" avq="text:.Chart.Dimension.0.Field" />
<button avq="dropdown:.Chart.Dimension.0.Field" class="ToolProperty-TxtSelectMenu"></button>

Also, you may not have encountered the problem but you should note that there is a bug in qvpp processing: html code inside comments are seen as normal code by qlikview, and the file won't be loaded if the html code is not well formed.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

To enable the dimension dropdown you need to add the following line to the definition.xml

<Dimension Initial="" />

Check out the extension samples.

Not applicable
Author

have you been able to solve the problem?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I did, check my previous post.

Not applicable
Author

I already have <Dimension Initial="" />. However I don't get any data in dimension lists. They are blank.