Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Add comments

Hi,

is i possible, and how, to add comments regarding a measure ?
Problem is that as Qlik allow the user to operate many selections, the comment has to be saved according to the context of selections operated.

So :
- is it possible to "save the selections operated" ?
- what kind of object may be used to enter the comment (input area is not really useful) ? Should we develop a webform out of Qlikview (that be opened from Qlikview, with "something" to identify the selection operated in Qlikview)

Thanks a lot for you help !
Franck

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Franck,

Do you mean to log the user selections and interactions with the document? If so, you can enable it in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Setup, QlikView Server, expand and click on your server, Logging tab in the right side, "Enable audit logging of client activity".

If not, can you please show us an example?

Hope that helps.

Not applicable

Hello Franck,

my first thought was to use bookmarks. But I am sure that you checked this out. So can you explain a ittle bit more, what and when you want to save and how to get it back.

Regards, Roland

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your answers.
Imagine a very simple application with :
- year, month and country as possible selection (let's say three lists of selection, assuming that only one value may be selected at a time for each of these selection)
- a measure (let's say Sales in $ )

Any user can operate selection which is a combination of one year, one month and one country.
Regarding the value of the mesaure evaluated through this context, the user should be allowed to enter an explanation (why are the sales oh june 2010 so low in France). After having being entered (and a partial reload), this explanation should be presented to any user who access this measure on this context.

I hope my english is not so poor that it would'nt be understandable 🙂
thanks

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There was a forum post about this subject approximately 2 weeks ago - I've had a quick search but can't locate it however the main point was the use of the 'input field' functionality and basically associating a blank field for input with each line at the required granularity. This could then be displayed in a straight table for users to amend then export the table and partially reload it.

I created something similar using the Input Sum field in a Project Overview .qvw - see attched (look at the 'Make Amendments' table; make some changes then press the Commit button to reload them into the application as I think you require in your situation.)

Hope that helps in some way,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable

Hello again,

this really sounds fine to use bookmarks. With them a user can fix the current selections, add a comment to it and share it with other people. Only thing is that after a reload the results may differ because the bookmark stores only the current selections and not the data itself.

I would play around with booksmarks --> Favori, je croi

RR

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Previous posted solution attached. (Not createed by me).

Hope it helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Your french is nealy perfect 🙂

OK for the principle to store context within bookmarks but :
- is it a problem to create many bookmarks ? Is there a limit ?
- is "input field" the only way to enter comments ? this is very limited...

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Franck,

oxioFRT wrote:- is it a problem to create many bookmarks ? Is there a limit ?
I do not know any.

oxioFRT wrote:- is "input field" the only way to enter comments ? this is very limited...
When creating a new bookmark the user can

a) store the current values of the input fields and, independent from that,

b) enter any comments into an info textbox.

c) use his text as a pop-up message

Details see --> add new bookmark.

HTH

Roalnd

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks a lot, I am gonna try it.

How can we display the comment info that has been entered for the bookmark ?

(to show the comment within the application).

That is to say that it is not possible to enter comments for a specific diagram, comment is only available for a bookmark ?

Do you know if Qlikview roadmap includes such a functionality ?