Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add new named licenses to existing server+licenses

Hello, i already have Qlikview server + few named CALS, Now I am planning to buy few more named CALS.

My basic question is how can I add/append the new licenses to the existing one? new lef/serialno/control?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, you don't need to change anything, Qlik/QlikView will do this for you.

As Herbert already stated, you should contact your partner and place an order for the number of CALs you need in addition to the existing ones. Once the order has been confirmed and paid, your new allowance will be entered in the Qlik LEF database. In the QMC server license panel, press the update button and your server will get the new registration data from the Qlik servers.

If you want to read up on how this mechanism works, see here: Re: Server Failed to set License

View solution in original post

4 Replies
herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Contact you vendor, in this case is possible to merge the licences in just one

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, you don't need to change anything, Qlik/QlikView will do this for you.

As Herbert already stated, you should contact your partner and place an order for the number of CALs you need in addition to the existing ones. Once the order has been confirmed and paid, your new allowance will be entered in the Qlik LEF database. In the QMC server license panel, press the update button and your server will get the new registration data from the Qlik servers.

If you want to read up on how this mechanism works, see here: Re: Server Failed to set License

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone... its very easy once they added the licenses i just did "update license form server" and its done

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!