Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding New Users

Hello,

I have a QVW which is published each now and distributed to an AD security group.  I had a user request access this morning, after the application had already been published today, so I just added her to the AD group.  The User Doc is set to allow dynamic CAL assignments.

Yet, when she access the Access Point, it is empty.  I have ensured there are plenty of CAL's to spare allocated to the document.  Do I have to actually republish the application before it will recognize her rights?

Thanks,

Chris

5 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi I'll think the answer here is yes if you dont assign the user direct in the assigned users list.

Not applicable
Author

Settings

To configure the Directory Service Provider (DSP) Settings, open the dialog by clicking on the Edit icon, , and enter the desired values in the following text boxes:

• Cache Expiry in Minutes
    Set the time for how long the queries to the directory service should be cached.
    Default value: 60
  • (minutes).

Is it more than 60 minutes since you added the user to the Windows AD group?

Not applicable
Author

Yes. It needs to be republished.

Not applicable
Author

Huh, somehow ours was at 240, so it was going to wait 4 hours.  I have updated it to 60 minutes, if I added her more than 60 minutes ago should she be good now?

Not applicable
Author

Re-Publishing will help as Ajay Prabhakaran said. but it is good to have 60 minutes cache expiry. You should be good now.