Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After restart schedules not visible in QMC

Hello,

since a couple of weeks we have a strange effect on our dev system. After restart of all services the qmc shows the tasks but not do not apear to be running and do not have any scheduling information. (status "Waiting", last execution "Never", started/scheduled "empty".

after a few hours qmc comes back to normal operation without any further manual action. We are running on version 11.20.12664.0

Any ideas?

Thx

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karsten,

looks like it is a problem similar like this -> QMC Reduce Issue

Just change the MaxReceivedMessageSize at the QVManagementService.exe.config file.

And Check the QMSChunkSize. My understanding is that if the QMSChunkSize is set to 100 the whole message is send. If you set the Size to 20 only 20% of the message is send at one. And the Message will be send in 5 chunks.

That will help to mange large Qlikview repos.

Hope that facts will help you and others as well.

Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess this is just how it goes. QMC/QMS has to recover the task execution history from a bunch of XML files and that may take some time if there are a lot of them.

It shouldn't take hours however. Do you have tasks scheduled in rapid succession (e.g. every five minutes or so)?

Not applicable
Author

Thx for your fast reply. Yes, we have reports with high frequency scheduling. And no, that's not how it goes, this behavior is new since a few days, before the qmc always recovered immediately after restart. There must be something broken or corrupt...

BTW on our prod system we do not see this as well, version there is 11.20.12577.0

Karsten

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Time to contact Qlik support?

Not applicable
Author

Looks like, I was hoping that someone else had similar problems.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I've had problems like this before, with older versions of QVS. Most often they were caused by NTFS choking on directories with many millions of (useless) files. Last time I got a server behaving again was by cleaning out the EDXResults folder in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService. A 5-minute interval task caused it to fill up with 10s of millions of files. Not good. You can try this trick if you want.

But as you stated that an SR9 has problems while an SR8 doesn't, this seems more like a version-related issue.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karsten,

looks like it is a problem similar like this -> QMC Reduce Issue

Just change the MaxReceivedMessageSize at the QVManagementService.exe.config file.

And Check the QMSChunkSize. My understanding is that if the QMSChunkSize is set to 100 the whole message is send. If you set the Size to 20 only 20% of the message is send at one. And the Message will be send in 5 chunks.

That will help to mange large Qlikview repos.

Hope that facts will help you and others as well.

Regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Great, that was the solution.

thx