Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lblancher
Partner - Contributor III

Ajax client requesting username and password

Hello,

I am having an issue getting the section access portion of my code working in QVS. I have AccessPoint working correctly when I log into my site, it shows the list of apps that is based on what they have access to. My problem is that even thought the user is authenticated via access point, the user is stil prompted for a user name and password when they click on the app that they would like to see. How can i get qlikview to use the username that is based on the ticket/username and stop prompting the user for the information a second time?

QVS 9 SR2 running with IIS.

Lucas Blancher

4 Replies
Not applicable

You have to use NTNAME field in your section access (es: DOMAIN\USERNAME), bye

corrado

lblancher
Author

Can I use NTNAME in DMS mode? If so, what user do I need to use for the NTNAME, and then does it still use the USERID for reducing the data?

Lucas

yavoro

Hi

I've got exactly the same problem. I tried to use NTNAME instead of USERID and it works. My server is in DMS mode too.

But I lost the desktop accessibility to the file. So I tried to use both NTMANE (for AJAX clients) and USERID for desktop development. But AJAX again requested seccond login....

Did you manage to find the solution?

Thanks

Y.A.
lblancher
Author

Hi Everyone,

I found one solution that allows for both scenario's to work. I first do a table load of my DMS users using NTNAME instead of USERID, and then I concat the following information to that table.

CONCATEATE(USERS)

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,GROUP

ADMIN,MYREALNTUSERNAME,MY ADMIN GROUP

];

by having both the needed DMS Users and the real NT users that will be accessing the app on the file system as the NTUSER column, I now have access both ways. Does any one see any security problems with doing this?

Lucas