Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Ajax mode

Hi,

can somebody explain step by step how to publish a document in ajax mode ?

I'm trying in every way but unsuccessfully...can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

6 Replies

Ajax mode

Consider upgrading to QVS V9. In V9, the generation of documents to ZFC (Ajax) is done on the fly. You don't have to do anything to get them published!

-Rob

Not applicable

Ajax mode

Ok.

But if I have to do it with 85. release ? How can I do ?

Thx

Employee
Employee

Ajax mode

Well if you are using IIS, what I do is, create a virtual directory (i.e. AJAX)which houses the ajax files, point it to the physical path you will be placing the ajax doc folders.

Then in qv.exe go to Tools >Object Client Page Generator.

For target folders for pages place your AJAX virtual directory folder path here.

For the Document URL place the qvp://<servername>/<filename.qvw> here. Then click finish.

Your pages are now created and on your server and can be reached by going to http://<servername>/AJAX/<yourfilenameajaxfolder>/default.htm . This is as summerized as I can get :-) !

/Karl

Not applicable

Ajax mode

Hi,

I've tried like you have suggested to me but it doesn't work.
I receive a javascript error and the page is empty, with some "tab control" on the right top corner.

Why I get this error ?
How can I get ajax works ?

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable

Ajax mode

The javascript error appers only with IE, while with Firefox there's no error but the page is still empty Smiley Sad

What can I do ?

Employee
Employee

Ajax mode

what does your page source say?

You can private message it to me if you want. I think it is not seeing the qv doc, but i can't be sure without seeing your source.

/Karl

Community Browser