Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbertfjr22
Partner - Contributor III

Alert email to QVPublisher 9 recipients when reloading is completed

Hi Guys,

Is it possible in QV Publisher 9 to setup an email alert to the distribution recipients when reloading and distribution is completed?

I used to be able to do this in QV Publisher 8.5 using the custom account. How this is accomplish now in version 9?

Thanks and regards,

Elbert

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure. Go to QEMC --> System --> Distribution Services --> Alert Email. All problems with reloads will be sent to all email addresses entered here. I don't know of any way to get successes reported in QlikView, although you might be able to write an Exchange script that does send the log file as soon as it's modified...

Regards,

elbertfjr22
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your replay. However, my question is if it is possible to alert the users (Distribution recipient) via email when the reload and distribution job is completed successfully.

As I said before, I can do this before in version 8.5 of the Publisher using the custom account. But now is no longer possible.

Regards,

Elbert

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, that's a lot more challenging. There is no built-in functionality in QlikView to do this. But there is a way you can create such an alert in Linux to check when a particular file was modified: http://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/36076-file-modified-alert-me.html. You can probably create a similar script in Windows using equivalent programs, like "blat," to check when the log file of the QVW was last modified. But that's kind of outside the QlikView forum sphere...

Good luck,

Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem...

I have seen on MailTemplate.xml a TemplateType which is "DistributionInfo", how can we use it and what is the purpose of this type of mail?

Thanks for your help.

JG

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

To clarify my earlier comments, all you would need to do is create a BAT or VBS script that sends an email. You can define this script as a Supporting Task and then create a trigger to start the Task on completion of the task in question (or on both success and failure, depending on what SR you're on). I have no idea how to write such a script, however...

Regards,

Not applicable

Hi, thanks Vlad, indeed I haven't understood your solution. Now I understand it and it seems to be a good solution if QV don't have a other way to do it!

Thanks for your help.

Regards, JG