Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allocated Memory Exceeded - QV11

I see a ton of questions about this error for old versions of QlikView (mainly 8.5) but I'm running QlikView 11, and running into it in a situation that should not be causing problems. It's happening on two different servers. Here's the setup:

* Running QlikView 11 IR on both servers

* One server is brand new, has a ridiculous number of CPU cores and tons of RAM (40 and 128GB, IIRC) and is not running anything but QlikView. The other is our in-house test server which I believe is somewhat less capable (I don't know the exact specs).

* Working Set is set to 70% low, 90% high

* The object where I've found this problem is a simple table box within a container.

- The container has only 5 objects in it

- The table box is showing 8 fields, and there are only 2,432 lines

- The table that's in the "middle" of the fields being shown contains 2 of the fields. 4 fields are one table away, 2 fields are 2 tables away.

* The error occurs in the Ajax client

* The "Allocated Memory Exceeded" error is seen after clicking in the table box to make a selection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The bug has been reported, and it sounds like it'll be fixed in SR1.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Kent,

I've seen some buggy things in QV 11 concerning containers.  I've repeatedly had fatal errors that force me to close QV because of them.  I've been given the allocated memory exceeded when using alternate states and dimension limits so I don't know what's going on, but there are still numerous errors in QV11.  Does the table box show alright without it being in a container?

I would report it as a bug to make sure it gets fixed in a future release.

Karl

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've been banging on this some today, and here's what I've found:

1) It will sometimes manifest itself the first time a selection is made after switching to the sheet containing the container with the table boxes in it. After the first occurrence, it doesn't throw an error again until several more selections have been made - For example, I'll make a random selection, clear it, make another, etc. until 7-11 selections have been made and cleared before I'll see it again.

2) A straight table containing the same data as the table box does not appear to have this issue - 40-50 selections made and cleared and I never saw it.

3) When I pulled the table box out of the container, around 35 selections made and cleared and I never saw it - But the table box still in the container started acting up.

So, it appears that the table box inside a container is the common denominator.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Dear flyingcheesehead,

Please report it to support so they can debug it.

Seen some strangeness with containers aswell but have not been able to track it down.

Off-Topic: Your working set could probably be tweaked if you like. Right now you have 12.8gb of RAM allocated for your OS which sounds a bit big.

More off-topic: "Best handle on QlikCommunity"-award has found a winner! Love it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The bug has been reported, and it sounds like it'll be fixed in SR1.

Not applicable
Author

Just installed QV11 SR1 and still getting the same errors when using Dimension Limits within a container

alfredlee
Contributor III
Contributor III

same here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew11 and alfredlee,

Please report it as a bug again - The original bug (Bug ID 44683) was fixed in SR1, so as far as QlikTech is concerned, it's fixed. It also is working properly now in all the documents that I submitted to them with the original bug report, so it may either be a different bug or maybe they didn't completely fix the bug. Either way, that bug ID is in the release notes as "fixed" so QlikTech thinks it's fixed.

Not applicable
Author

Dimension limits do not work on tables that contain mini charts.

Not applicable
Author

facing the same when using the expression in dimensions. Any suggestion or work around ?