I see a ton of questions about this error for old versions of QlikView (mainly 8.5) but I'm running QlikView 11, and running into it in a situation that should not be causing problems. It's happening on two different servers. Here's the setup:
* Running QlikView 11 IR on both servers
* One server is brand new, has a ridiculous number of CPU cores and tons of RAM (40 and 128GB, IIRC) and is not running anything but QlikView. The other is our in-house test server which I believe is somewhat less capable (I don't know the exact specs).
* Working Set is set to 70% low, 90% high
* The object where I've found this problem is a simple table box within a container.
- The container has only 5 objects in it
- The table box is showing 8 fields, and there are only 2,432 lines
- The table that's in the "middle" of the fields being shown contains 2 of the fields. 4 fields are one table away, 2 fields are 2 tables away.
* The error occurs in the Ajax client
* The "Allocated Memory Exceeded" error is seen after clicking in the table box to make a selection.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've seen some buggy things in QV 11 concerning containers. I've repeatedly had fatal errors that force me to close QV because of them. I've been given the allocated memory exceeded when using alternate states and dimension limits so I don't know what's going on, but there are still numerous errors in QV11. Does the table box show alright without it being in a container?
I would report it as a bug to make sure it gets fixed in a future release.
I've been banging on this some today, and here's what I've found:
1) It will sometimes manifest itself the first time a selection is made after switching to the sheet containing the container with the table boxes in it. After the first occurrence, it doesn't throw an error again until several more selections have been made - For example, I'll make a random selection, clear it, make another, etc. until 7-11 selections have been made and cleared before I'll see it again.
2) A straight table containing the same data as the table box does not appear to have this issue - 40-50 selections made and cleared and I never saw it.
3) When I pulled the table box out of the container, around 35 selections made and cleared and I never saw it - But the table box still in the container started acting up.
So, it appears that the table box inside a container is the common denominator.
Please report it to support so they can debug it.
Seen some strangeness with containers aswell but have not been able to track it down.
Off-Topic: Your working set could probably be tweaked if you like. Right now you have 12.8gb of RAM allocated for your OS which sounds a bit big.
More off-topic: "Best handle on QlikCommunity"-award has found a winner! Love it!
Andrew11 and alfredlee,
Please report it as a bug again - The original bug (Bug ID 44683) was fixed in SR1, so as far as QlikTech is concerned, it's fixed. It also is working properly now in all the documents that I submitted to them with the original bug report, so it may either be a different bug or maybe they didn't completely fix the bug. Either way, that bug ID is in the release notes as "fixed" so QlikTech thinks it's fixed.