Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dickelsa
Creator
Creator

Allocated memory exceeded

Hello,

I have a problem with my QV file. When I try to change a color of my Pivot table, and I press 'apply' the pivot table turns into a blank with only the text: 'allocated memory exceeded'.

I did nothing with any synthetic fields, I only typed 'LightGreen([field])' in which 'field' is the fieldname. I did this in the tab Dimensions.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this? I heard this was some kind of bug..

Thanks in advance.

Regards

D

13 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Are you trying to do background color of PIVOT table or specific column's color?

Please upload your file to understand your question.

Not applicable

try to reload your Data i think it will solve your problem

Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

Hi,

normally, this happens when you are trying to show too many values on your table or when computing the table takes too much memory, depending on the RAM that is available on your computer / server.

This is not intuitively linked to the changes you are making to the table. If you keep it this way, the risk is that the message will appear "randomly" when the load is too high, looking like it's a bug.

Reloading, re-opening the app and stuff like this will just be a temporary fix but will not solve the root of the problem.

You have to try to reduce the amount of data you want to include in the table (think about the user experience) or use a machine with more RAM if you cannot shrink it further.

Regards,

Brice

dickelsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I actually am trying to colour the background of the header of 1 row in the Pivot table indeed.

Reloading the data does not seem to work.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Believe me, the RAM is not a problem, I have got a lot of that. I minimized the data and it is still not working. i will upload a version after I anonymised some data.

Regards

Dick

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

May be the Field doesn't have the relationship with the expressions/dimension you have in the table. Check the Relationship between the tables in the table viewer.

If thats correct then problem is More number of records and low RAM.

Not applicable

Hi Dick,

I certainly agree with Brice on the above he just mentioned.

Reloading is a temporary fix,its not something that will permanently solve your problem.

You can try something like this:

(See attached)

Try and adjust the transparency as per you choice,if its green that you want.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator
Author

The records in the field have relationships with the data. I first made the table work without any colours... the RAM on my computer is not the problem.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Rochelle

Thanks for your imput, but I am trying to color the background of 1 specific cell, not the colour of the entire table.

Regards

Dick