Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allways use the option 'Allow any macro'

Hi everyone,

I have read some post about what I have to do to avoid the window where QlikView ask me if I want to allow macros.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/16623/85222.aspx

But I have some questions about it:

- 1º How can I say here that the option I want by default is 'Allow any Macro'?

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers", 1, "REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System", 1, "REG_SZ"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\ " & cSERVER_NAME, "", "REG_SZ"

- 2º What kind of macros wont be executed if I select the option 'Allow only safe macros' ?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Eduardo,
1. "Module Script System" means any macro.
2. Safe macro doesn't allow actions outside of natural Qlikview functionality, for example working with registry or with the external files. You can use standard "send to Excel" using safe macro, but you cannot open excel, paste data into it, save with a specific name, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Eduardo,
1. "Module Script System" means any macro.
2. Safe macro doesn't allow actions outside of natural Qlikview functionality, for example working with registry or with the external files. You can use standard "send to Excel" using safe macro, but you cannot open excel, paste data into it, save with a specific name, etc.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

What selection does a user make in the dialog box to prevent them from having to make this selection every time they open a new document (which has a macro in it) for the first time?  I have unskilled users who choose the wrong settings frequently.  They complain when it happens for each new document.  Isn't there something they can pick that will cover all documents?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sue,

If your users are opening server-based documents, they just need next time when the see the security dialog to make the correct choice, and also check the box that applies this choice for any document on this server.  There will be no more dialogs for the new documents.

If your users have QV desktop as a client - see user properties, tab Security, first check box "Module..."

Regards,
Michael