Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always ask for credentials

Hi,

When a user connects to the accespoint I want them always to fill in there credentials.

Now QlikView/ Windows do only ask for this the first time they access the accesspoint.
Is this an option in QlikView or do I have to change something on the windows settings?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I dont have access point at the moment but there is the user preference (ctrl-alt-u) 'Remember Login Credentials....' under the 'General' tab which will ensure userid/passwords are not cached and force a new challenge each time a document is opened.

Remember that the user themselves can access this though.

Regards,

Gordon

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I believe you can control this in QEMC --> System --> Web Servers. You can set authentication to Login (and define login.htm) or Never. Give it a shot.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Login.htm page comes but after entering userid and password it doesn't do anything, remain on the same page 😞

Is there any solution for this.. not able to understand the code..

Any pointers would be of great help.. please

Regards,

- Ashish

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That's strange. Make sure you are entering it in the right format (usually domain\user). Alternatively, you can try to play with the IE Security settings for your zone to change how authentication information is passed. Disabling cookies for that site may be another option. Just brainstorming...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply..

Some where in Qlikview posts I have read that 'login.htm' page is used only for custom users authentication which will use custom directory and active directory wont be used in this case.