Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Another server with the same activation key

Hi,

we have QV server 8.5 and would like to install one more Server 9.0. I would like to enter the same activation key. Is there any conflict between 2 QV instances with the same activation key?

I would like to install 9.0 only for testing purposes, after some time this new server become as main QV server.

Thanks,
Ramunas

4 Replies
disqr_rm
Valued Contributor III

There is no technical conflict, based on what I know, but you will be violating your license terms by using keys on 2 servers.

In QV 9.0 landscape model, QlikTech has an "easy" pricing scheme for development/test QV server. I suggest you to talk to your account manager or QV Partner to sort this ot for you.

avishaylevran
New Contributor

When you activate 2 server with the same activation key on the same domain the QVS service restart itself every 10 min

Not applicable

We are considering a "second" server license for development/testing. Given differences between fat-client viewing of applications and the web-based Access Point, do you also recommend a second Publisher license? Or what do most folks do and how do they get around the viewing differences between the two?

disqr_rm
Valued Contributor III

I use std publisher included in QV Server for testing QV reports in test/development environment. The standard accesspoint works great.

Community Browser