Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application not visible in Access Point

Hello everyone,

I have an application which has been working for a few weeks. The named users can see it in Access Point as well as people who have a document CAL on it.

The thing is since 2 days, one of the 2 document CAL users hasn't been able to see the application in the Access Point. I don't know about the other one (because she's on holiday).  I've tried to allocate another document CAL to a new user to see if it would work and it doesn't, he cannot see the application.

I tried to reload it but that doesn't do anything...

Do you have any idea about what I could try ? Any parameters to change ?

thanks for your help

Have a good day.

Laura

18 Replies
Colin-Albert

A cal will be deleted immediately if the user has not accessed QlikView is the past 24 hours.

The quarantine time is only activated if the user has used QlikView in the past 24 hours.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

For Problem 1. I suggest to make sure that you add this user to NTFS security file system.

For Problem 2. make sure the user is not logged in for the next 24 hours. Or the counter will be reseted to next 24 hours from his last login attempt.

Regards

ASHFAQ.

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

Ad I told you,   the document cals weren't working anymore...

Since someone really needed to see the application, I gave to this person a named CAL licence but she cannot see any applications !

I have no idea what's going on...

I am wondering if I should call QV support...

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you for your help

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Before contacting support make sure you have tried all the suggested solution.

If you are confident enough, that you tried everything.

Then you must contact support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

I think the problem is related to the domain of the users. I have tried to allocate a NAmed licence to someone who is on the same domaine as the server and it worked.

I have tried to contact the IT of my company but I'm not sure someone will be able to help me...

Anyway thanks for your help

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

What is the NTFS security file system ?

I will try to look at it but as I said before, it used to work fine before... so I'm not even sure this is a qlikview problem...

For all user who are in domain A, it's like none of the CALS (document or named) are working... whereas it's works fine for users who are in domain B.

thanks for your help

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this case your QlikView must be joined to domain B.

Inorder Domain A user access QlikView then you need to create trust between them.

Or try with 11.2 sr7 as is supports cross domain authentication.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

What is 11.2 sr7 ?  

Ok, this is a new release of QV. Does this mean I have to install everything again ? Do I have to pay for it ?

Do you think that is possible that trust between domain A and Qlikview broke ?  (since it was working fine before)

thanks again

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

When QVS tries to see what you are authorized to, it will look at the NTFS/DMS permissions  and if you have rights there and if "filter AccessPoint Document list Based on Section Access" is enabled, QVS will check Section Access to see if the user has rights to open the document.

Please note, CALs are not checked till you try to open a document in AccessPoint.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.