Can you help me please. I attach here a photo of the folder order in the Management Console of a SBE server (11, SR2). Root is D:\BI, there is no mounted folder. There are 4 folders in the root - QVD, QVDgenerators, QVW and QVWdata. I moved 2 applications from the QVD folder to the QVWdata folder. They had no task scheduled on the server, they both use binary load from other two applications whose location wasn't changed (paths are correct in the script). Both these applications have a macro in them to send mails after reload via binary load.
The problem is that even though I moved them and they are both present in QVWdata folder they are shown in the way you can see on the picture. I checked - they are not present in the root folder (D:\BI). When I click on them some error messages appear as shown, but after that is clicked OK, the normal Tabs on the right are accessible - Reload, Document CALs, Availability is ticked (via IE plugin or AJAX) yet they are not visible on the AccessPoint (the proper files that are present in the proper place I moved them - QVWdata - are unchecked as they are not supposed to be shown on the access point).
Do you know why this happened and could it cause problems for reloading these files?
I will appreciate much any help.
Qlikview Management Console needs to reload the documents before it takes note of the changes that you made to the document paths (Something to do with Publisher needing to read it). So, go to documents and set up a reload task for the documents that you want to locations (They are still in the old location on the QMC, right?). Manually press the play button from the status tab to execute the reloads. When they are complete, the documents should be visible in the specified folder. Hope that help!
- ServiamBI - art
I forgot to mention the server is without Publisher license. After reload of the documents nothing changed. They are still visible on both places - one is correct (the QVWdata folder where I moved them) and the other is wrong (root directory where there is no app). It is interesting that I moved also other apps in the same way like those 2, but the others are not shown in the wrong place, only these two that share in common the features I mentioned - they binary load from documents in QVW folder and both have macro to be executed after reload.
Maybe this is a cue for solving this? I don't know at present how to resolve this
Thanks for answering
It turned out to be a BIG problem. Both of these files that appeared at the root, had had Document CALs assigned to them to one user. I am almost sure this is the reason for the wrong (and double) display of their location.
I discovered that the Document CALs I had assigned (one for each) are no longer visible, yet the server tells me that I have used all of my Document CALs (we have 10, 8 of which are assigned to app I didn't move so they are visible and working, but the other two are gone now and I can't assign to another app as I wanted to do today.
I guess I will have to write to QV support for this.
Have you had similar problem??
I just figured it out. It is the same process of hanging files like when you delete an app that has schedule (Reload task schedule) on the server without removing the task first. The file in this case continues to be shown in the Task List and you have to create a dummy app with the same name in the same location to be able to remove the task from the task list.
In the present case it is about info for CALs but obviously they are stored on the same place on the server. I created a dummy (empty ) app with the same name in the old location, and on my Document list the app appeared together with the Document CAL. I deleted the Doc CAL and wrote 0 as assigned CALS for this app, then deleted the dummy application. The double documents (shown at wrong places) disappeared and my CALs are now available.