Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign Temporary CAL's

Hello, I'm running QV Server 10 SR4, and I am working with two colleagues. They ask for a developer licence using "open in server" and they're supposed to have the licence for 30 days, but after several hours or even days the licence lease is over.

How can I have this running well. Is there any step-by-step to have the 30 days of lease?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Juan, you're changing where QV.EXE goes to check if the license leased is still valid.

Thing is licenses should be leased for 30 days but the license gets checked everytime you open qv.exe, if the license isn't valid or the server doesn't recognize the user (say you're using custom users or a 3rd party authentication) the license gets removed.

By changing that you disable the automatic verification, license would be valid for 30 days and you would have to do the renewal manuall every 30 days.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Change the Accesspoint URL in the user preferences to something other than your actual server.

qv2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I change that, what am I exactly changing?

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

did you assigned Cal to the developers?

if not then assign using

qmc-> licences-> assigned cal -> new cal-> domainname\username and apply for both user

and then lease them

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Juan, you're changing where QV.EXE goes to check if the license leased is still valid.

Thing is licenses should be leased for 30 days but the license gets checked everytime you open qv.exe, if the license isn't valid or the server doesn't recognize the user (say you're using custom users or a 3rd party authentication) the license gets removed.

By changing that you disable the automatic verification, license would be valid for 30 days and you would have to do the renewal manuall every 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am assigning the licences to developers, and I also checked recognize by machine, not by user.

Then in the "home" in QV Personal Edition, I go to "open in server", and it keeps asking me for an username in the server.l

I don't understand why.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I don't think unless you have a special license you can do it by machineID anymore.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.