Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Assigned CAL's automatic drop from QMC

Hi all,

We have a Production issue that need your help, every now and then the assigned User CALs get dropped from QMC and we have to add them manually, this causes the service disruption.

Please advise

Thanks

Nihal

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Nihal,

CALs are stored in the CalData.pgo file. CALs are cleared when the .pgo file loses contact with and cannot communicate with QVS. The .pgo files must be "highly available," with the timeout value of 300 ms. If QVS cannot communicate with the .pgo files, QVS will create new .pgo files to continue to function. Typically, the cause for communication interruption is a file lock placed on the .pgo files by another application such as anti-virus software (or any real-time, system scanning software). So you want to ensure that you explicitly exclude the %ProgramData%\QlikTech & ProgramFiles%\QlikView directories, as well as the QlikView filetypes - .qvw, .qvd, .pgo, .shared, .meta - from any scanning applications. Also, you want to ensure that the .pgo files are stored in a location which is highly available - i.e. NAS storage is not supported. To help mitigate the issue, suggest that you make backups of the .pgo files after completing all CAL assignments so that you can restore them if you experience the issue in the future.

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Chip, I will get with my client to check and implement your suggestions.

Will let you know my feedback, thanks again for your advise.

Nihal