Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication problem (Publisher)

Where do you manually assign admin roles for users?

Problem: Publisher wont let me in after I change computer to different AD network. Last time I had problem like this I just added users to admin roles in Publisher Control Panel but now I cant access it any longer, cause I cant use the original admin account (deleted) which was the only admin user Publisher has. Any idea if I can add users directly to xml database somehow or with some a lot easier way to get connection back on? Server works fine.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

In the qvpr find ApplicationSettings.xml and look for "NextUserIsAdmin" and changed this to True instead of False

NOTE! you need to have CC service stopped when doing this and restart after changing value and saving file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have QV server 8.5 version with the same problem. But I cannot find ApplicationSettings.xml file. I can only see AppSett.xml file under the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\ControlPanel\App_Data folder , but it doesn't have "NextUserIsAdmin" field.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Best Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This fix is only if you can´t access Control Panel in Publisher.

If I understand, you can´t access Qlikivew Server Management console?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ako, I can access to QV Management console but cannot access to the control panel. Your solution is not valid on my server because it doesn't have mentioned xml file. Do you have any other suggestion. Best Regards,