Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Automatic backup system for qvw files

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out a good way to automatically backup my qvw files on our customer's QlikView server. The customer has an automated backup system and we could of course configure it to take backups of all files in the QlikView prouction documents folder. The only problem I see is that the qvw files contain gigabytes worth of data. Is there any smart way to have a windows script or something similar to purge the data from the qvw files before they are backuped?

How have you configured backups in the QlikView environments you maintain?

BR,

-Christian

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

My success would be to save the QVW with no data to a folder when you put it into production and back that folder up.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

you make bat file to copy your application from production server to backup server

Regards

Ashish

Not applicable

Hi Christian

I have set up a sceduled task, which starts the attached QVW file every day. It runs a macro on post reload, which opens all documents, one by one, remove all data and save it to a folder specifed in a variable / excel spreadsheet.

If you have any other files like txt or excel, you can specify those for backup as well. I don't know if it is the best approach for backup, and It can probably be done in several other ways, some better than others, but at least this is a workable solution 🙂

/Martin

Not applicable

Hi

my

problem is whean How to get the Backup when qvd file and database delete.how to get backup

Not applicable

usefull KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308422

Windows has inbuilt backup utility. Please try.