Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
kjcnagel
New Contributor II

Avg with missing Data (aggr?)

Hello experts,

I have a Problem with calculating the right avg values:

The Problem in short is as follows - There is an article, that only consumption for 1 day in a month. let's say 01.01.2017.

In the datamodle there are only rows, where there had been consumption.

I want to calculate the average daily consumption

In that case - if I use the avg function the formula will return 1, as it only has one datapoint. It should however divide the consuption by the number of days - 31.

the data model has a a seperate table with calender Dates, which is connected to the consumption Dates.

I tried using the formula as follows:

avg(total aggr(Menge, Datum))

but it does not understand, that I Need the missing Dates filled up with data ...

Thankful for any ideas on this.

Kind regards

Kevin

8 Replies

Re: Avg with missing Data (aggr?)

May be this

Sum(Menge)/Count(DISTINCT TOTAL Buchungsdatum)

Capture.PNG

kjcnagel
New Contributor II

Hi Sunny,

thank you for your quick Response.

Doesn't this solution burry the possibility of miscalculation if there's a Buchungsdatum missing? for example if we'd have a selection, where there are not all Buchungsdatum given, or worse if there was a single Buchungsdatum missing for all data. That would lead to wrong calculations. I am searching expecially for a solution, that would be applicable for stdev(), since that also uses averages. That actually is the Problem behind the question. I Need to calculate the Standard Deviation for a set of values, per article. And most articles doen't have consumptions on every day. Which leads to wrong calculated values...

This can be the other way

Sum(Menge)/(Floor(MonthEnd(Max(Buchungsdatum))) - MonthStart(Max(Buchungsdatum))+1)

kjcnagel
New Contributor II

but this wouldn't be of any use for the stdev, would it?

Not sure I understand why.... what is the output that you are looking to get from your sample?

kjcnagel
New Contributor II

I'd like to calculate the stdev per article on a weekly Basis.

That at the Moment doesn't work out, because I don't know how to skript the set Analysis in that way, that it calculates the Standard Deviation correctly... Standard Deviation

I guess I am trying to understand what are the numbers you are looking to get within the attached sample?

kjcnagel
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help. I decided to go with a different solution. I used an if-Statement to have '0' as a result of the sum calculation, in order to get values for Dates, where there had been no consumption.

Then I put it in a Pivot table and used the Dates in the column. That i exported via a makro and imported back into qvw.

Community Browser