Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Backup of Qlikview application

Hi Friends,

I do not have access to any other location hence I am posting my question here. Apologies if I have posted in a wrong place. I am not an application guy so please excuse my little knowledge

I am trying to backup the Qlikview application. I am trying to confugure the backup using NetApp storage's snap creator. Prior to taking the backup, I have few queries:

1. If the application is storing transient data then it needs to be taken in to some kind of hotbackup (quiesce) mode.

If it does storage transient data then I must put the application in quiesce mode so that I can take a consistent backup of the application. Is it possible to take the qlikview application in hotbackup backup mode ?

If yes then what is the sytax of the command? I need to put the command of hotbackup(quiesce) mode in my backup script so that before taking the backup, the appliction goes in to hotbackup mode and then once the snapshot backup is done, it comes out of it. 

I guess if the application is not storing transient data then its backup can be taken without taking the application in hot backup mode.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers

Gaurab

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Gaurab

Qlikview applications do not contain transient data. The data only changes during a reload, which is triggered by user action or on a scheduled basis. As long as you schedule your backup outside of the scheduled reload time(s) there should be no reason to perform a hot backup.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Gaurab

Qlikview applications do not contain transient data. The data only changes during a reload, which is triggered by user action or on a scheduled basis. As long as you schedule your backup outside of the scheduled reload time(s) there should be no reason to perform a hot backup.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Jonathan

One more query I have is with regards to the Qlikview design. I am told that this application is without a database. Is it true?

Cheers

Gaurab

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure what you mean by QllikView Design. All data that has been loaded into a document (QVW) is contained in that document.

Another thing I recommend is talking and saving all your QVW's without data somewhere on your network. That way you have a flat QVW that if you ever need it all you have to do is reload the data.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Bill..

By Qlikview design I meant if it has any database? Like SQL etc. I am told it is an application without any database.

Cheers

Gaurab

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, all the data is stored in the QVW that you create. There is not outside database.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Bill ☺

Cheers

Gaurab