Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Batch Script Not Executing Properly from QMC // GPG Issue

I've written a batch script to encrypt my output file using gpg4win.

When I run the batch file manually on the server, it works as expected, creating the file. When I run the QVW that executes the batch file manually on the server it works fine too.

When I run it as part of a scheduled task from the QMC, it does not work as intended, and doesn't encrypt the file (with no error messages).

The script is running in it's entirety, because later in the batch file there are further actions which run successfully.

The batch line is as follows:

gpg --batch --yes --always-trust -o C:\XXXX.txt.gpg -e -r "Username" XXXX.txt

Any ideas why the script would work fine when run from the system account on the server, but not from the QMC?

Many thanks!

3 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you using network drives or unc-directories, or is the batch or one commant of it not able to run under a service.

Not applicable
Author

I stripped out UNC / Network drives when trying to diagnose the problem, so it isn't that - the directories are all local.

I don't know if the batch command is able to be run under a service though - I'm not sure how I'd diagnose that problem?

mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

maybe an issue with reading from XXXX.txt or writing to C:\XXXX.txt.gpg. Do you need an absolute path to XXXX.txt?
You could try using other commands to read/write to these locations to see if it has anything to do with read/write.