Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

Book marks and deploying production

hi all,

we have documents in access point. users create Bookmarks all the time (we\IT encouraged them to do so).

from time to time we make developments in the documents and for that we replace the production .qvw file with the file which is in QA environment.

users complain that their Bookmarks are being deleted and that they need to try to recover them according to their memory.

is this the expected behavior? when replacing document (Sales.qvw for example with a new file which is different from the original due to new addition\features) the existing Bookmarks will be lost?

if so, is there a solution for this?

regards,

Shay

6 Replies
md_qlikview
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

May be you can use the shared file of older document with the newer one and try if you can bring all the information regarding user selections back for newer file. Alternatively you can avoid such problems by keeping both Prod and QA files sync.

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Milind,

i'll check it on our next deployment.

what do you mean by "keeping both Prod and QA files sync."?

when deploying to production we replace Prod file with QA file.

from now on i'll backup the .shared file and after deployment - i'll copy it to production

md_qlikview
Creator II
Creator II

When I say both the files sync it means both QA and PROD files are synchronized and having same updated information after deployment. But as you have mentioned you replace PROD file by newer QA file, rather doing any changes directly onto the PROD version, there should not be any problem.

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

yes. i do NOT touch the production file.

that's why i have QA file which is identical and once it's verified by business - then i replace the production with the QA file

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Yes, this is expected behavior. If fields are changed/added/removed within a QVW, previous bookmarks which reference these fields will no longer work.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Chip,

thanks but i'm not talking about fields that has changed, that's the expected behavior.

i'm talking about ALL bookmarks.

hopefully that restoring the .shared file will result in keeping the bookmarks which are still relevant