Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

jrdunson
Contributor

Bug? Typing to create drop-down filter jumps to Firefox Search box?!

Hello,

Just wanted to ask, in the Qlikview Desktop Development environment, I can start typing in a Column Selection box... and the text is used as a filter, as I type....  For example, if I was looking up States... and I used the column header...to type NE, the possible matches are highlighted:

dropdown.JPG

However, if I'm the AJAX Web Client, I can type N...and before I type E, the column freezes, and the cursor jumps to the Firefox Search Box at the bottom left of the screen:

dropdown_webclient.JPG

On the bottom of the web browser, here is the Firefox search box... the box that typically shows, with a Control-F command

ff_search.JPG

Do you know how to prevent this from happening?

Jarrell

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bug? Typing to create drop-down filter jumps to Firefox Search box?!

It's not a bug - it's a (firefox) feature (to start the search with the first typing):

- Marcus

5 Replies
a_mullick
Contributor II

Hi,

Can you let us know what version of QV and Firefox you're using please? Some AJAX glitches like this can be due to QV / browser version incompatibility.

Have you tried another browser?

Regards,

Azam

jrdunson
Contributor

Qlikview: Version 11.20.12904.0 SR12 64-bit Edition (x64)

Firefox:  49.0.1

We use QV in an enterprise license agreement, and cannot update to 12 or more... yet..

j

a_mullick
Contributor II

At the university where I am, we are still using Firefox 38.1.0 (extended support release) and have 11.20 SR10. I have had at least one user reporting rendering issues, because they were using a later version of firefox. My only suggestion is to try an earier version of firefox if that is possible, or another browser.

https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12904/QlikView%2011.2%20SR12%20System%20Requirem...

Sorry, I can't be more help,

Azam

It's not a bug - it's a (firefox) feature (to start the search with the first typing):

- Marcus

jrdunson
Contributor

Thanks Marcus

for others, here is the English version

ff.JPG