Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

CPU Core utilization

Hi everyone,

I am having application of 2gb size. My server configurations are 32GB ram with 4 core cpu. To open file itself it is taking almost 10-12 mins.

While opening QVW, memory consumption is around 12GB and CPU utilization is only about 25-30%,rest will be idle. Why is it So? Shouldn't be QV using 100% of all cores while opening QV , if so then application could have opened faster.

10 Replies
diwakarnahata
Contributor

Re: CPU Core utilization

Hi Manoj,

Did you try the Preload setting in the QMC?

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Diwakar

I think that the FileOpen function in QlikView Server is only single-threaded. One core will do the loading, and this loading will be mostly I/O bound.

Only specific functions are multithreaded in QlikView Server and IIRC they deal mostly with searching and selecting. There is a nice article in HIC's series on the Design Blog. See here: The Calculation Engine

Peter

krishna_2644
Valued Contributor III

Check the perf option in QMC.

Perf.PNG

Arjunarao
Honored Contributor II

krishna_2644

As you shown picture , which values we have to give for better performance? Thanks in advance.

Arjunarao
Honored Contributor II

Hi manojkulkarni

Very strange. Why file size is 2gb? Did you apply data model techniques to data model?

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

Pls let me know the techniques/optimization steps to reduce size of the file & as well increase performance

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

Yes, i have already set to 70 & 90%. Do we have any other settings to increase performance

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

What are Preload settings ? do you have any document on this. Pls do share.

Arjunarao
Honored Contributor II

Community Browser