Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Cal Data.pgo

Hello

we are facing the following issue:

every other month when we open the management console we find that all document CALs disappear along with the Named Cals

we get 0 CALS allocated on all documents

to resolve this issue

we replace the CAL data .pgo file by a copy of it from the backup

so my question what might cause this to re-occur

it is like the CALdata.pgo get correupted

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I couldn't say what is the reason for this behaviour but maybe you could compare the new corrupted one with the older working one if you enabled the extra output of these files as xml within the settings.ini - see here what is meant: Re: Error in QMC " EntLicenses.Properties.calInfo.AssignedList.AddAssignedUsers "

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If the QVS cannot communicate with the CalData.pgo file for even a brief period of time (measured in milliseconds), the .pgo file will recreate itiself. When this is done, any info previously contained in the .pgo file is reset and therefore lost. Typically, the most common reason for the communication interruption between the QVS and .pgo file is due to a file lock placed on the .pgo file by another application. Check to see if there are any anti-virus (or other system scanning applications) running on the same server as QVS and explicitly exclude all QlikTech/QlikView directories and filetypes - .qvw, .qvd, .pgo, .shared, .meta, etc.

Hope this helps

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III

We had a similar problem.
We removed all pgo files from the disk and it solved the problem.
(Use the search *.pgo files in windows explorer)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Excellent. I would suggest that you ensure that .pgo files (along with QlikView directories and all related file types) are explicitly excluded from anti-virus/scanning software  as a precaution.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!