Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyunquijote
Contributor
Contributor

Can I install QlikView Server 9.0 in WindowsServer 2016? Is there any problem?

hi. 

I use QlikView Server 9.0 in WindowsServer 2008 R2.

Because of WindowsServer EOS problem, I have to move to a different WindowsServer version(may be 2016).

Can I install QlikView Server 9.0 in WindowsServer 2016? Is there any problem?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

It is highly unlikely that QV v9.0 will run properly on Windows Server 2016. Also, if you were somehow able to get things configured and up and running, it would not be supported by Qlik. 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Given the other comments regarding upgrading, I wanted to add a note here, upgrading from version 9.0 SRx to either 11.20 or 12.xx is going to be quite a challenge as there were major changes between version 9.0 and 10.0 that had some special conversions that needed to be done in the Publisher side of things as well as the Reload Engine information being stored differently in version 10.0 and later as compared to version 9.0, so I just wanted to be sure you were aware that an upgrade would be a challenge in this case, and I would recommend you work with someone that knows both version 9.0 and whatever version you plan to move to.  

That being said, if you do not have many apps/tasks etc., you could likely upgrade and just bring over your qvw files and recreate your tasks etc., as it would likely be faster to do that than try to go through the conversions etc.  Hopefully this prevents you from getting into a major bind.

As far as the OS upgrade, agree with the others, and the reason things are likely to have issues would be the version of Visual Studio in which version 9 was coded is not likely to run smoothly in the latest OS' at this point, i.e. .Net Framework components etc., as I believe we switched over to aspx from asp pages in version 9.0 if I recall correctly.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm sure you have a good reason not to upgrade to a QV12, but if you don't then I recommend an upgrade. QlikView 9 is no longer supported by slim and there are made enhancements in the product between version 9 and 12.

As an response to your question. I have not experienced trouble with the services when upgrading the server OS, but I had trouble with access/rendering of the management consol with new server versions of the Internet Explorer browser.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

It is highly unlikely that QV v9.0 will run properly on Windows Server 2016. Also, if you were somehow able to get things configured and up and running, it would not be supported by Qlik. 

hyunquijote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@hyunquijote  You're welcome. If if you feel that you received an answer to your original question, please mark this thread as "answered." Have a great day!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Given the other comments regarding upgrading, I wanted to add a note here, upgrading from version 9.0 SRx to either 11.20 or 12.xx is going to be quite a challenge as there were major changes between version 9.0 and 10.0 that had some special conversions that needed to be done in the Publisher side of things as well as the Reload Engine information being stored differently in version 10.0 and later as compared to version 9.0, so I just wanted to be sure you were aware that an upgrade would be a challenge in this case, and I would recommend you work with someone that knows both version 9.0 and whatever version you plan to move to.  

That being said, if you do not have many apps/tasks etc., you could likely upgrade and just bring over your qvw files and recreate your tasks etc., as it would likely be faster to do that than try to go through the conversions etc.  Hopefully this prevents you from getting into a major bind.

As far as the OS upgrade, agree with the others, and the reason things are likely to have issues would be the version of Visual Studio in which version 9 was coded is not likely to run smoothly in the latest OS' at this point, i.e. .Net Framework components etc., as I believe we switched over to aspx from asp pages in version 9.0 if I recall correctly.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.