Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

nadeemsmarty
Contributor II

Can i deploy my qvw without the qlikview server installed so that it can be viewed through browser

Hi,

I have created a qvw which needs to be tested so that i can see how it will look in the browser.

Can i deploy my qvw on some other machine which does not have qlikview server installed on it.

Regards,

Nadeem

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Can i deploy my qvw without the qlikview server installed so that it can be viewed through browser

No you can't - you can let other QlikView Desktop users (if they have a licensed or leased version) have a copy of your QVW and they can use WebView to use the application. WebView is actually Internet Explorer embedded into the Desktop client. This does not give you all the functionality of an independently run browser - but the ability to at least use Extensions of different sorts.

3 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Can i deploy my qvw without the qlikview server installed so that it can be viewed through browser

No you can't - you can let other QlikView Desktop users (if they have a licensed or leased version) have a copy of your QVW and they can use WebView to use the application. WebView is actually Internet Explorer embedded into the Desktop client. This does not give you all the functionality of an independently run browser - but the ability to at least use Extensions of different sorts.

Employee
Employee

HI,

You can do this with QlikSense. but not with QlikView.

Bill

Yes you can do this with QlikSense.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Community Browser