Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadestiell
Contributor
Contributor

Can not clear CALs on some deleted documents

Hello.

I have just finished freeing the assigned CALs from several dozen deleted QV documents using the CalData.pgo.xml file as a reference for the original file locations.  However, there is one such file that I am unable to recreate as the DocumentName tag in the CalData XML file contains the absolute path of the file i.e. "<DocumentName>C:\QLIKVIEW ACCESSPOINT\FINANCIAL ANALYTICS\...".  All of the other tags contain the name of the mounted folder that the file was in.  Under what circumstances would the DocumentName tag have the absolute path?  I would like to re-create this condition in order to see the orphaned CALs in the management console.

Thanks,

Wade

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jude,

Need to contact support for help.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

You want to create the original file to remove license.

Look this sample:

<DocumentName>DESENVOLVIMENTO\APLICATIVO\CLIENTES.QVW</DocumentName>

Cliente.QVW is the file. Recreate the full path like described in your DocumentName

I believent that your monted folder was removed

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
wadestiell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Ricardo.  I have been able to recreate the original files and remove the licenses from all documents except for the one listed in my post.  The problem is that the document is not listed with the mounted folder as shown in your example.  It has a full drive path starting with the drive (c:\...) within the DocumentName tag.  If I recreate the file in that path, it will show up in user documents on the console but without the assigned licences, due to the absolute path in the PGO file being treated as a different document.  I am unable to determine what caused this specific document to be listed this way in the PGO file.  The DocumentName tag is below:

<DocumentName>C:\QLIKVIEW ACCESSPOINT\FINANCIAL ANALYTICS\B+L CHINA SALES APPLICATION_CH.QVW</DocumentName>

Is it possible to somehow create a mounted folder on an absolute path?

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

It´s impossible in the last Qlikview Versions, but..... I didn´t try in old versions.

The another solution is create a backup of caldata.pgo and delete to be recreated, but it´s not recommend because all license settigns will be destroyed.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable

Hi Ricardo

Same issue as

I have version 11.20 and your advice did not work. caldata.pgo was deleted and all services restarted with no affect. I still see all the old license allocations.

<DocumentName>C:\QLIKVIEW ACCESSPOINT\FINANCIAL ANALYTICS\B+L CHINA SALES APPLICATION_CH.QVW</DocumentName>

The buggy path in the XML file is invalid as a filename, making it impossible to create the dummy version and if I cannot reset all license data, I cannot recover the licenses.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Jude

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jude,

Need to contact support for help.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.