I have a Document contains both MySQL connection and MS SQL Server 2005 connection. If I reload the document in Qlikview client (installed in the same machine as the server), it can be reloaded perfectly. However, if I reload it in the Server (thru Management Console), it got an error.
If I remove the MS SQL Server connection, it works well in both server and client, so I think the error might be related to MS SQL Server. Any idea? thanks.
There is the log:
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8547676 Information Executing ClusterID=1, QDSID=049bc064-fc0c-5e5e-6cbf-a00d53922de3QDSMain.ReloadTask
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information Starting task ""Reload Now" of testODBC.qvw" (Attempt 1 of 0)
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information Max run time: 1.00:00:00
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information Opening "D:\Data\Qlikview\AccessPoint\testODBC.qvw"
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information Allocating QlikView Engine
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information Allocating new QlikView Engine. Current usagecount=1 of 2
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8703676 Information An instance of the QlikView Engine is being created
2/10/2010 16:52:49.8859676 Information Starting QlikView Engine
2/10/2010 16:52:50.5255676 Information The QlikView Engine was started successfully. Version=9.00.7320.7, ProcessID=6624
2/10/2010 16:52:50.5255676 Information Allocated QlikView Engine successfully. Current usagecount=1 of 2, Ticket=4589
2/10/2010 16:52:50.5255676 Information Loading document "D:\Data\Qlikview\AccessPoint\testODBC.qvw" (0.14 Mb)
2/10/2010 16:52:51.0559676 Information Physical FileSize=0.14 Mb. Memory Allocation Delta for this file=7.75 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Open=9429.02 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Open=9421.80 Mb. Total Physical Memory=18431.38 Mb.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.0715676 Information The document was loaded successfully.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1183676 Information Initializing Checkout (0), Loading document (656), Initializing load (656), Checking read (656), Creating QlikView Engine (671), Checking Size (702), Load (702), Load Completed (749), Tables read (1170), Opened successfully (1202)
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1183676 Information Document was opened successfully
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1183676 Information Opened successfully (0)
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1183676 Information Starting reload
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1339676 Information QlikView->Settings->Document Peferences->Generate Logfile in document is not set.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1339676 Information The Source Document is being reloaded. DocumentPath=D:\Data\Qlikview\AccessPoint\testODBC.qvw
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1963676 Information The Source Document reload complete. DocumentPath=D:\Data\Qlikview\AccessPoint\testODBC.qvw
2/10/2010 16:52:51.1963676 Information Memory Allocation Delta for this file=6.38 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Reload=9421.29 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Reload=9418.14 Mb. Total Physical Memory=9418.14 Mb.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.3211676 Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\Data\Qlikview\AccessPoint\testODBC.qvw.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.3523676 Information Initializing Reload (0), Finished (234)
2/10/2010 16:52:51.3523676 Error Reload failed.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.3679676 Information Closing the document.
2/10/2010 16:52:51.4927676 Information Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=6624
2/10/2010 16:52:51.4927676 Information Initializing (0), Finished (141)
2/10/2010 16:52:51.4927676 Error The task ""Reload Now" of testODBC.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=2
2/10/2010 16:52:52.3039676 Information Temporary Task has finished execution.
permissions: does the account running the qlikview distribution service have access to the sql server?
platform: could it be a 32/64 bit issue, i.e., the desktop is 32 bit while the distribution service is 64 bit or the other way around.
thanks, but I don't know where is the Document log, I could only find the logs in
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log\
the log I pasted in my post is from the upper path.
I can reload the document in Qlikview x64 personal edition installed in Windows 2008 Server R2 Enterprise (the Qlikview server also installed in the same machine), so I think it should not be related to the 32/64 bit problem.
Does qlikview distribution service need additional right to access to the sql server?? can I check it myself?
alhambra wrote:thanks, but I don't know where is the Document log
To create Document log, go to Document Settings, General tab and check "Generate logfile". The logfile will be in the same directory as the document with a .log extension.
Yes, your Publisher account needs permission on the SQL database. You could switch the Windows services Log On account to a SQL-authorized user, but it would be much more graceful to just ensure that the Publisher user has the necessary permissions on your DB.
Thanks a lot, I got the error:
02/11/10 14:34:00: Error: SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Dialog failed
02/11/10 14:34:00: SQL Scriptline:
02/11/10 14:34:00: SQL State:IM008
02/11/10 14:34:00: General Script Error
02/11/10 14:34:00: Execution Failed
don't have a solution yet, but it's a big step forward