cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't view Qlikview document via SSL VPN

Hello everyone,

We are trying to access our Qlikview server through an SSL VPN. Unfortunately it is not working when using Internet Explorer with the plugin - the below error message appears. We think it is something similar to the issues experienced in this Qlikview community post -  http://community.qlik.com/message/21860 but have not managed to find a solution yet. Would anyone be able to advise??

qvp://<servername>/<full path to qvw file>?

iis_authenticate=3A2382BB39343DEDA62A207B92802C16EF9249245&tunneler=//<serveralias>%Fscripts%2FQVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dqlikview could not be opened

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check that you have not set Client Authentication to Always Anonymous in the QMC --> System --> Setup --> QlikView Server --> Security tab as well.

If you are using IIS make sure that Windows Authentication is checked for all virtual folders to make sure the Plugin user is not connecting anonymously.

Not applicable
Author

Also try using the IP address of the server instead of the server name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Kai,

Thanks for your replies. What do you mean by using the IP address instead of the server name? Should this be changed in the settings on the server somewhere?

Setting the client authentication to always anonymous didn't seem to help.

Not applicable
Author

I meant using the IP address rather than server name when entering the URL in Internet Exprorer:

2013-12-20_10h18_13.png

By the way can you get access using the Ajax zero footprint client (using port 80) or is that blocked as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Using the IP address didn't work unfortunately. It does work fine without the plugin using Ajax and when accessed through different browsers - it's only when using IE with the plugin that we get the error message? Unfortunately we need the plugin on this particular document though to be able to run macros.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would think looking at this you don't have the link machine name setup correctly. On the right the IP is 201.24.28.81 and on the left it is 10.251.44.2?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

You are right. I didn't notice. It's a screenshot from a QT doc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am out of the office until 30/12/2013.

For general queries, please contact the Helpdesk. For urgent matters,

please contact Gill Cook - gill.cook@incadigital.com.

Note: This is an automated response to your message "Re: -

Can't view Qlikview document via SSL VPN" sent on 24/12/2013 10:34:20.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.