Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you add a text description for qvw's on the Access Point?

Hi all. In my organization, we have over 75 QlikView dashboards available. Our users are complaining that they can't find the dashboards they're looking for. They have to dig through emails to find the names or URLs. The access point is essentially useless.

I thought that it would be great if I could write a few sentence description of each dashboard so the users can understand the purpose of each dashboard. Is this possible?

Also, it would be great if I could tag or add some keywords to categorize dashboards, so users can filter by keywords to find the dashboards they want.

Any ideas? Thanks!

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Out of the box, you can assign Catagories to the QVW in the QEMC document info pane. Then users can filter and sort by Category.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, You can assign attributes to the dashboards in the QMC (Document information --> Attributes) these attributes are searchable in the accesspoint.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah I tried adding that information in the Document Info, but it didn't refect in the Access Point.

You know what would be really cool? I'd like to create a QlikView dashboard that basically looks like the Access Point, but better. So I can point my users to this one QVW, and it will have a data table, managed by section access, that shows the thumbnail for each dashboard, and lets the users filter by keywords and such that are meta data attributes to each link. Has anyone seen anything like that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

Attributes should work, I did have the same problem as you describe but then when I was going to show someone else the problem it was "magically" solved and attributes worked happily ever after ; ) Not sure if I installed a SR or restarted som of the services but it is working now.

When I had the problem I did try adding attributes to the user docs just for testing and it worked then (this is not a solution but gave me some sort of indication that it should work from source docs as well).