Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you create a Change Request form with QV?

I manage a team that supports a large Qlik base and are looking for a template for our users to submit enhancement requests / change requests.   is there a form that exists for this or how to create one?   any guidance is appreciated.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there don't exists such response-forms.

As an alternatively you could use an extension which writes these responses into a database. Here an example what is meant: SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object. whereby there are various commercial tools available which provide similar functionalities.

Another way might be to use the inbuilt comment-feature (in AJAX client right click on an object) which content is stored within the shared-files and which could be read with the shared-file viewer from the Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView.

I think both of them won't be easy to implement. If there isn't an existing request-process within the company for all the other IT topics (if yes I would just put a link to them in each qvw) I would go with the extension-approach because this kind of logic might be useful in a variety of other use-cases.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus. Just exploring. We’ll go a different route and will also consider the link to a form in each QVD. That is a good suggestion.