Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot open a qlikview application remote

Hi

I have installed Qlikview server 9 now. From the machine the server is installed on, I can open the qlikview applications. From any other computer in the network I can't open any qlikview application. The error I get is

"Failed to reach the server: ServerName:-1

Switching to HTTP tunneling

Connection to server OK, Negotiations Timed Out"

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance

Ivo

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It appears to be an NTP issue.

Try to set both server and client time to eg GMT or EST and see if this corrects the time sync problem.

REgards

Eraaj

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

How are you attempting to open the docs? Through browser plugin or thickclient (qv.exe). One good test is to open a thick client and go to file >open in server and type the server name of your qvs. Does it give you a doc listing but result in same error as above? Then make sure port 4747 is open. Is there anything showing up in the session logs of the server located in \doc and settings\all users\qliktech\qvs\ folder.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Both time zones where the same, so that cannot be the problem.

Port 4747 is opened. When I try to connect to the qlikview server using the thick client, I get the same error.

Thanks for your answers, but they are not solutions for my problem.

Ivo

laurens
Contributor III
Contributor III

Maybe this would work for you: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/13601/53260.aspx#53260

It doesn't worked for me 🙂

Not applicable
Author

For me it also does not work. This afternoon I have a remote session with someone from qlikview support. If he has an answer, I will post it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, have you found a solution to the problem?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 21 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi, we've got the same issue, but only for the first try of the user.

First connection:

Failed to reach server: xxxxxx:-1. Switching to http tunnelin. Connected to server ok, negociations timed out.

Second connection two minute later: OK

And that's every day.

Have you found a solution to the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, we had both QVS & IIS running, turning off IIS (removing the role on WinServer 2008) has solved the issue for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

We-ve just done the test, and removing IIS don't change the issue.

-> Error message for the first connection, 2min later it's working.