Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot open a qlikview application remote

Hi

I have installed Qlikview server 9 now. From the machine the server is installed on, I can open the qlikview applications. From any other computer in the network I can't open any qlikview application. The error I get is

"Failed to reach the server: ServerName:-1

Switching to HTTP tunneling

Connection to server OK, Negotiations Timed Out"

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance

Ivo

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We don't have Publisher installed, but thought that for AD validation we would need to populate the AD URL field on the QEMC which was not true. If not having Publisher installed and putting a URL in to AD this is in fact counter-productive. So maybe that's one thing you wanna check out. Further things:

1) Are the users connecting through the network in the office or through VPN?

2) Any entry in the log files?

3) Is this just for one user or all users?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1) Are the users connecting through the network in the office or through VPN?

--> office network, but with a bad ping avg = 106ms

2) Any entry in the log files?

--> nothing from the server point of view, don't see the first connction in error, see only the second one (and can't find log on the client is ther any for the ocx ?)

3) Is this just for one user or all users?

--> Only one user (two user on this site, only one with the issue, but we would like to deploy more users)

We will soon install a new server on an other hosting place, and we will see if there is still the issue.

Not applicable
Author

The solution for me was changing in the enterprise management console the computername to the IP-address of the machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For us, it look like a network issue.

A ping before the first connection show a decreasing time from 228 ms to 111 ms, then the first QlikView connection is working.

The ping "wake up" the line.

Changing the location of the server to a pro hosting locatiion should resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Not applicable
Author

You can verify communication port 4747 like this:

open a cmd window and write: telnet <ip> 4747

This will result in a blank window if you can communicate to the server port 4747.

Not applicable
Author

Hi to all,

In my case I would try to connect through a Client Laptop using his LoginNT. I assigned a CAL to him but it gave no results. What I didn't understand was that from my work laptop, assigning to myself a CAL : it was working. And when I checked "Allow dynamically a CAL" and tried to connect with the Client Laptop, I got the HTTP Tunneling error.

So, I tried to follow all your recommandations but it still didn't work. So, I called the Qliktech support and they gave me two informations :

1°) In IE > Options > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level ... > User Authentication > Logon > Check Automatic logon with current user name and password.

2°) Or, try to had the Client domain name to the User Group in the Qlik Server.

I'm going to test that two solutions and let you know if it worked.

Not applicable
Author

For me that was the solution - thanks

Port 4747 caused the problem.