cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear Publisher Licence

Hi,

I'm trying to remove the licence of a Publisher and I haven't found any way to do that!

If any one can give me a clue I'll be very glad!!!

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Note: The following will remove all current tasks and rebuild the QVPR database. Please make sure to backup all files mentioned before making any changes to the files/folders.

• Stop the QlikView Management and Distribution Services (Start menu > Administrative Tools > Services applet)
  • Go  to folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
    • Rename/remove the PublisherLef folder
    • Rename/remove the Reginfo.txt file
    • Remove all xml and bak files located in the QVPR folder

Note: If a previous backup was created of the QVPR database dated before applying the Publisher license, you may extract the zip file to the QVPR folder at this time. The backup is located in the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups.  If there is no backup, tasks will need to be recreated manually.

• Start QlikView Management and Distribution Services

If what was intended is an update of the Publisher license in the environment, go to the QMC(v11)/QEMC(v10) and the System\License\Click on Publisher\License tab on right side and click the Update License button.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Note: The following will remove all current tasks and rebuild the QVPR database. Please make sure to backup all files mentioned before making any changes to the files/folders.

• Stop the QlikView Management and Distribution Services (Start menu > Administrative Tools > Services applet)
  • Go  to folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
    • Rename/remove the PublisherLef folder
    • Rename/remove the Reginfo.txt file
    • Remove all xml and bak files located in the QVPR folder

Note: If a previous backup was created of the QVPR database dated before applying the Publisher license, you may extract the zip file to the QVPR folder at this time. The backup is located in the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups.  If there is no backup, tasks will need to be recreated manually.

• Start QlikView Management and Distribution Services

If what was intended is an update of the Publisher license in the environment, go to the QMC(v11)/QEMC(v10) and the System\License\Click on Publisher\License tab on right side and click the Update License button.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel! That worked fine!

They should have a "Clear Licence" button as they do with the Server licence!