Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Client-server Architecture

HI all,

I am new to QV and i have a question related to the deployment of QV. Is it possible to use QV desktop on my local pc (laptop or Desktop) and develop a QV document in QlikServer so that the calculation is made directly on Qlik Server? What i mean is whether i have the ability to work locally but the calculation and data caching in memory is made in Qlik Server so that i take advantage of the resources of the server and not of my PC (which is not that powerful)?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Qlikview Desktop will always use the CPU and RAM of your local machine. Perhaps you can login in on the server with an rdp session and start Qlikview Desktop on that server. Then you can use the resources of that server. Alternatively, work with a reduced data set instead of the full set of records. You'll be using less resources that way.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Qlikview Desktop will always use the CPU and RAM of your local machine. Perhaps you can login in on the server with an rdp session and start Qlikview Desktop on that server. Then you can use the resources of that server. Alternatively, work with a reduced data set instead of the full set of records. You'll be using less resources that way.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the prompt response